Now in its tenth year, The International Asia Pacific Quality Award honor APQO members for outstanding performance and leadership in business excellence, the awards will be presented at the 16th APQO/International Conference on Quality in Kathmandu, Nepal on September 18-20, 2010 (http://www.nqpcn.org.np/invitation.html).
The Award demonstrates the APQO commitment to business excellence and continual improvement through promoting quality initiatives to organisations of Asia and the Pacific region and helping them to be a global benchmark of business excellence.
The following organizations have won the World Class Award (Highest):
- Larsen & Toubro Limited — Electrical Standard Products, Maharashtra, India; Mr. Ajit Singh, Vice President.
- Dahanu Thermal Power Station, Reliance Infrastructure Ltd, Mumbai, India; Mr. C.V. Prasad Rao, Vice President & Station Head
- GTL Limited, Mumbai, India; Mr. Sukanta Roy, Chief Operating Officer
- Universiti Tenaga Nasional, Malaysia; Mr. Mashkuri Bin Yaacob, Prof. Dato’ Ir. Dr.
The following seven organizations won the Best in Class Award (Second Highest):
- Viglacera Halong Joint Stock Company, Vietnam; Mr. Nguyen Quang Mau, General Director
- ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Company Ltd., Mumbai, India; Mr. V. Vaidyanathan, Managing Director
- Phu Nhuan Jewellery Joint Stock Company, Vietnam; Mrs. Cao Thá»‹ Ngá»c Dung, General Director
- Shanghai Electric Power Design Institute Co., Ltd., Shanghai, China; Mr. Yu Yin, General Manager
- Colombo International Nautical And Engineering College, Sri Lanka; Capt. Ajith Peiris, Group Managing Director
- Global Indian International School, Malaysia; Mr. Atul Temurnikar, Chairman & CEO
Not For Profit:
- Gerencia de Centrales Nucleoelectricas, Mexico; Mr. Rafael Fernandez De La Garza, Gerente De Centrales Nucleoelectricas
Finally, the following six organizations won the Quest for Excellence Award (Third Highest):
- LANXESS India Private Limited, India; Mr. Bappa Bandyopadhyay, General Manager—Head of Manufacturing
- Marico Limited, Mumbai, India; Mr. Saugata Gupta, CEO
- First Philippine Industrial Corporation, Philippines; Mr. Leonides U. Garde, President & Chief Operating Officer
- Long Hau Corporation, Vietnam; Mr. Doan Hong Dung, General Director
- Moolchand Medcity, New Delhi, India; Mr. Vibhu Talwar, Chief Operating Officer
- Mepco Schlenk Engineering College, Sivakasi, Tamil Nadu, India; Dr. S. Balakrishnan, Principle
About the Asia Pacific Quality Organization (APQO): The APQO was founded and organized by National Quality Organizations in Asian and Pacific Rim countries including the American Society for Quality and was incorporated in the Philippines in 1985. It is a non-profit organization formed to be a primary mover for quality and continuous improvement for goods and services and quality of life in the Asia Pacific Region. APQO has several hundred National Quality Organizations (Core members), Corporate members, and Individual members.
For more information please visit: www.apqo.org or www.nqpcn.org.np or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Receive Our Newsletter
Keep informed on best practice research and business improvement events from around
the globe - be the first to read our Best Practice Reports