Ideas management is a structured process of generating, capturing, organising, evaluating, and selecting ideas to improve your organisation. An ideas management system is the mechanism that enables organisations to perform all of this (and more) in an interconnected way. These days, most organisations use software to make the job easier. Since there are many different types of e-based ideas management systems available, it is important to choose one that meets your organisation’s needs. More sophisticated systems will monitor and prompt you when new ideas are submitted; promote collaboration; enable peer evaluation; be totally accessible from PCs, smartphones, and tablets; and, provide trends and metrics to recognise key contributors and measure outcomes.
This report outlines the best practices research undertaken by BPIR.com in the area of ideas management systems. The best practices have been compiled under seven main headings. This new layout is designed to enable you to scan subjects that are of interest to you and your organisation, quickly assess their importance, and download relevant information for further study or to share with your colleagues.
In This Report:
- What is an ideas management system?
- Which organisations have been recognised for excellence for their ideas management system?
- How have organisations reached high levels of success by having an ideas management system?
- What research has been undertaken into ideas management systems?
- What tools and methods are used to achieve high levels of success in ideas management systems?
- How can an ideas management system be measured?
- What do business leaders say about ideas management systems?
Access the report from here. At the bottom of the page is a PDF version of the report for easy reading. If you are a non-member, you will find some of the links in this report do not work. To join BPIR.com and support our research simply click here or to find out more about membership, email firstname.lastname@example.org. BPIR.com publishes a new best practice every month with over 80 available to members.
Receive Our Newsletter
Keep informed on best practice research and business improvement events from around the globe - be the first to read our Best Practice Reports