Vision is where an organisation wants to go: it describes the targeted successful state for an organisation. An organisational vision should be challenging and inspirational to its employees and stakeholders. A vision statement usually presents an ideal in the longer rather than in the shorter term.Mission is what an organisation is here to deliver. It is the reason for its existence and supports the attainment of the vision. The mission is usually measured by how well an organisation is achieving its objectives and goals.
Values are the guiding principles of the organisation. It gives employees a moral compass, a set of ideals, and a standard of behaviour expected in the organisation. Some organisations use a code of conduct or ethics to put these values into practice.
Together, the vision, mission, and values communicate an organisation’s philosophy. They set the direction and the purpose, and show what the organisation cares about in its journey towards fulfilling its vision.
In This Report:
- What are “vision, mission, and values”?
- Which organisations have received recognition for having vision, mission, and values statements that are strong and inspirational?
- How have organisations reached high levels of success through their vision, mission, and values?
- What research has been undertaken into vision, mission, and values?
- What tools and methods are used to achieve high levels of success in vision, mission, and values?
- How can the success of vision, mission, and values be measured?
- What do business leaders say about vision, mission, and values?
Access the report from here. At the bottom of the page is a PDF version of the report for easy reading. If you are a non-member, you will find some of the links in this report do not work. To join BPIR.com and support our research simply click here or to find out more about membership, email email@example.com. BPIR.com publishes a new best practice every month with over 80 available to members.
Receive Our Newsletter
Keep informed on best practice research and business improvement events from around
the globe - be the first to read our Best Practice Reports