Strategic foresight refers to the discipline of intelligence gathering, predicting alternative futures, and preparing for them. Today’s business world is increasingly uncontrolled and dynamic. Organisations need to have a good understanding of the overall macro-environment – i.e. the economy as a whole – so they can anticipate risks and threats, as well as explore megatrends, markets, and product and service demands. The purpose of strategic foresight is to develop a vision and cohesive, sustainable strategies to implement today, while positioning the organisation to create and maintain its preferred or alternative futures.
The term foresight is often used in conjunction with future shaping. Future shaping refers to the influencing or recalibrating of organisational policies and processes to shape and support an envisioned future, both within and outside an organisation. The fundamental principle of future shaping is that future shaping influences the market – not the reverse.
In This Report
- What is “strategic foresight and future shaping”?
- Which organisations have received recognition for excellent strategic foresight and future shaping?
- How have organisations reached high levels of success through strategic foresight and future shaping?
- What research has been undertaken into strategic foresight and future shaping?
- What tools and methods are used to achieve high levels of success in strategic foresight and future shaping?
- How can strategic foresight and future shaping be measured?
- What do business leaders say about strategic foresight and future shaping?
Access the report from here. At the bottom of the page is a PDF version of the report for easy reading. If you are a non-member, you will find some of the links in this report do not work. To join BPIR.com and support our research simply click here or to find out more about membership, email email@example.com. BPIR.com publishes a new best practice every month with over 80 available to members.
Receive Our Newsletter
Keep informed on best practice research and business improvement events from around
the globe - be the first to read our Best Practice Reports