A vehicle fleet is a group of vehicles used by an organisation for the purposes of work. These vehicles are usually owned or leased by a business (for example, a car rental or bus company) or government entity (for example, a municipal utilities department or the police or fire service). They can include cars, utility vehicles, motorcycles, heavy and industrial-use vehicles, trailers, as well as all forms of aircraft and boats. While vehicle fleet maintenance may appear technical, its primary focus is to ensure an organisation’s vehicles are safe for use and roadworthy.
Fleet management encompasses fleet maintenance, and aims to develop strategies to maximise the life span of a fleet of vehicles. It also governs driver behaviour. Most fleet managers use fleet maintenance or management software to track driver activity, vehicle maintenance details, and to determine ways to optimise their use. This information exchange between a vehicle fleet and a central authority is known as a fleet telematics system.
In This Report:
- What is “vehicle fleet maintenance and management”?
- Which organisations have received recognition for excellence in vehicle fleet maintenance and management?
- How have organisations reached high levels of success in vehicle fleet maintenance and management?
- What research has been undertaken into vehicle fleet maintenance and management?
- What tools and methods are used to achieve high levels of success in vehicle fleet maintenance and management?
- How can vehicle fleet maintenance and management be measured?
- What do business leaders say about vehicle fleet maintenance and management?
Access the report from here. At the bottom of the page is a PDF version of the report for easy reading. If you are a non-member, you will find some of the links in this report do not work. To join BPIR.com and support our research simply click here or to find out more about membership, email firstname.lastname@example.org. BPIR.com publishes a new best practice every month with over 80 available to members.
Receive Our Newsletter
Keep informed on best practice research and business improvement events from around
the globe - be the first to read our Best Practice Reports