Welcome to July’s edition of the BPIR Newsletter. sharing with you best practices, improvement tools, and events.
| || |
Best Practice Events
- Benchmarking for Excellence, Singapore 28 – 29 Sept.
- Business Excellence Foundation course, Christchurch – New Zealand, 7 – 8 Jul, Organiser: New Zealand Business Excellence Foundation (NZBEF).
- Café Quality with Dr James Galloway CEO JAS-ANZ, Adelaide – Australia, 15 Jul, Organiser: Australian Organisation for Quality (South Australia).
- EFQM Assessor Training, Dubai – UAE, 13 – 15 Jun., Organiser: Dubai Quality Group (DQG).
- Driving to Perfection Workshop, Auckland – New Zealand, 16 Oct., Organiser:
- 18th QMOD-KSQM Int. Joint Conference, Seoul – Korea, 12 – 14 Oct., Organiser: Lunds University, Sweden and KSQM, Korea.
- 7th Business Excellence Global Conference, Singapore, 13 -14 Oct., Organiser: SPRING.
- Canadian Public Sector Excellence Fair 2015, Ottawa – Canada, 17 Nov., Organiser: Excellence Canada.
| || |
Benchmarking Past, Present, and Future
Dr Robin Mann, Director of the Centre for Organisational Excellence Research (COER) and Co-Founder of BPIR.com Limited explains the past, present and future of benchmarking. This article provides an overview of how benchmarking has evolved over time, and its growing importance. It includes a description of the different types of benchmarking, success stories and services available to support benchmarking endeavours.
| || |
- The One Interview Question Most People Are Not Prepared For!….read more
- How to Design Your Organization: Part 3 – How to Design….read more
- How to Design Your Organization: Part 2 – The 5 Classic Mistakes….read more
- How to Design Your Organization: Part 1 – Parachute or a Rocket?….read more
- The Top 5 Reasons Why You Need to Adopt ISO 9001:2015 Now….read more
- Do You Have a Blah, Blah Vision or a DRIVING Vision?….read more
Fanfare for Baldrige in Health Care….read more
- South African Quality Institutes latest news….read more
- Want a Loyal Team? Choose Kindness Over Toughness….read more
| || |
4th International Best Practice Competition – Enter by 7 August
The 4th International Best Practice Competition will be held in Manila, Philippines courtesy of the Development Academy of the Philippines and our sponsors the Abu Dhabi Chamber of Commerce (who were the hosts in 2014). If you have not been to the Philippines before this is your chance for a once in a life-time experience to enjoy the warmth of Filipino hospitality. Watch it is More Fun in the Philippines video to get an insight into this wonderful country.
The Competition Event will be in November but the final date has still to be confirmed. To submit your Best Practice please visit http://www.bestpracticecompetition.com/entry-form where you can download an entry form. The First Call for entries closes on 7 August. Last year there were 52 entries with 32 qualifying to the Competition Event.
The winner of the International Best Practice Competition in 2014 was Al Jazeera International Catering LLC, UAE with a best practice titled ‘SPEARS Methodology for Employee Empowerment and Inculcating Excellence’. Watch the video of their best practice.
| || |
BPIR Tip of the Month – Competitor Analysis
Do you know that there are more than 2400 Competitor Analysis available in BPIR.com? Fine out how your competitors or world industry leaders have been performing. Identify particular organisation by name, industry, country, or employee base and read from the publications we have available about what has worked for them and how they have performed.
Click here to see a video clip on how to do it.
| || |
BPIR provides full access to over 790 excellent business publications providing, in total, over 1,000,000 articles and reports. The cost of subscribing to any of these would cover your BPIR membership while allowing you to read, search, and print from 790 top publications! Here are a few of the titles from the "Labor And Industrial Relations" category (one of 23 categories):
-EBRI Issue Brief
-Monthly Labor Review
-International Labour Review
-Occupational Outlook Quarterly
| || |
Featured Case Study: Sustainable Business – sustainability as a business model
To become a wood fiber innovator Domtar, a Canadian headquartered paper products company, adopted Sustainability as its business model. Domtar set up a corporate sustainability committee with the chair rotated among top managers, and adopted a measurement approach designed to avoid sub-optimising the system. An extensive system of measures was implemented to track sustainability performance and signed on to by each facility. One example, Dashboards tracked 35 key sustainability performance indicators (KPIs). Management teams in each facility developed their own unique sustainability agendas to meet company goals. Domtar’s sustainable fibre innovation was seen by the US government as an example of advanced manufacturing and gave the company a powerful edge in attracting younger science and technology-savvy professionals.
Regularly check out the bpir.com for benchmarks, best practices and business excellence. We know you will find valuable knowledge and we always welcome your feedback, so if you have time, please email any comments about our services to email@example.com.
If you are currently not a member of the BPIR, or wish to upgrade your membership then please review our membership offerings at JOIN NOW. you won’t be disappointed.
BPIR.com Ltd Business Performance Improvement Resource (BPIR)
Centre for Organisational Excellence Research (COER)
"To know the road ahead, ask those coming back" – Chinese Proverb Note: this newsletter has been sent to you because you have subscribed to it or to the BPIR.com or one of its partner resources or we believe you wish to be on the list for other reasons. Should you wish to unsubscribe please click here or email firstname.lastname@example.org.