Welcome to November’s edition of the BPIR Newsletter. sharing with you best practices, improvement tools, and events.
Best Practice Events
- Benchmarking for Best Practices & Organisational Excellence, Dammam – Saudi Arabia, 29 Nov., Organiser: Saudi Standards, Metrology and Quality Organization (SASO)
- 6th National Quality Conference, Dammam – Saudi Arabia, 28 Nov., Organiser: Saudi Standards, Metrology and Quality Organization (SASO).
- Auditor’s panel AS/NZS ISO 9001:2016, Perth – Australia, 30 Nov., Organiser: Australian Organisation for Quality (AOQ).
- Knowledge Management Seminar, London – UK,12 Dec., Organiser: London Excellence.
- UAE Innovation Award, Dubai – UAE, 7 Feb., Organiser: Dubai Quality Group.
- Excellence in Partner and Supplier Focus, Toronto – Canada, 27 Feb., Organiser: Excellence Canada.
- Business Transformation & Operational Excellence Summit & Awards, Orlando – US, 12- 19 Mar., Organiser: Proqis.
- 9th Continual Improvement & Innovation Symposium & Competition 2017, Dubai – UAE, 9 Nov., Organiser: Dubai Quality Group (DQG).
- Baldrige Award Winners 2017….read more
- Best Practice Report – Smart Services….read more
- Singapore Quality Award Winners 2017….read more
- South African Quality Institutes latest news….read more
- EFQM Excellence Award winners 2017 and 14 new success stories….read more
- Best Practice Report – Design Thinking 2….read more
- Boosting knowledge sharing between government entities….read more
- Al Jazeera International Catering wins Arabia CSR Award 2017….read more
- Baldrige Principles Bring Organizational Change, Learning to National Guard….read more
Smart Services Best Practice Report
This report outlines the best practices research undertaken by BPIR.com in the area of Smart Services. The best practices have been compiled under seven main headings. This new layout is designed to enable you to scan subjects that are of interest to you and your organisation, quickly assess their importance, and download relevant information for further study or to share with your colleagues.
In this report:
- What are "smart services"?
- Which organisations have received recognition for excellence in smart services?
- How have organisations reached high levels of success in smart services?
- What research has been undertaken into smart services?
- What tools and methods are used to achieve high levels of success in smart services?
- How are smart services measured?
- What do business leaders say about smart services?
Spotlight on Self-Assessments
Have you tried to find a self-assessment tools lately? We have over 85 to assess all aspects of your organisation from how your organisation develops its strategy to how it serves its customers. Here are three typical examples:
Environmental Report/Statement Evaluation Checklist: This Checklist will help you to assess whether your environmental report meets the reporting requirements of Eco-Management and Audit Scheme (EMAS) or ISO 4001.
Strategic Planning: This self-assessment aims to assess the strengths and weaknesses of an organization’s strategic planning process. It helps to examine how effective communication is between employees and decision-makers; whether the company’s reporting relationships match the strategy; rewards are tied to desired results; and strategy is evaluated after it’s implemented.
Marketing Excellence: This self-assessment questionnaire measures the marketing readiness of your organisation; it will identify gaps in your marketing preparedness and quickly establish if you have the data and tools that will positively contribute to your organisations marketing endeavours. The questionnaire does not score your organisations performance; it simply measures the marketing intelligence of the organisation. The questionnaire is designed to address three fundamental areas of intelligent marketing, Basic Research, Planning, and Measurement.
Join now to get access to a library of self assessments and many more features.
BPIR Tip of the Month – Best Practice Case Studies
Direct access to over 4700 case studies from high-performing organisations across the world – more than 30 different countries represented.
Why risk precious time and resources when using a tool or technique for the first time? Leverage the experience of other organisations that have spent time and resources perfecting their practices and technique highly effective. Find out who should lead and manage a tool’s implementation, how to train others to use it, where to use it first, and how best to obtain buy-in. Experts agree that benchmarking other organisations’ successful practices is the fastest way to deliver significant performance improvements.
Click here to see a video clip on how to do it.
Performance Appraisal at an award winning Charter school
Senior Leadership (SL) Performance Appraisal at the Charter School of San Diego (CSSD), a US Charter School and winner of the 2015 Baldrige National Quality Award, was a three level process. Every other year, the BOD members underwent individual evaluations, facilitated by the President of the Board. The process included a self evaluation form and approval by the board as a whole. The BOD evaluated the CEO. The Chief Business Officer and the Director of Instruction and Innovation were evaluated by the CEO through scorecard results that directly tied to SI achievement. Performance evaluations did not determine executive compensation, which was determined through the Salary Compensation Council and approved by the BOD. Benchmark data, cost of living differentials and levels of responsibility were key determinations for executive compensation. All evaluations served as inputs into the Strategic Planning Process.
Regularly check out the bpir.com for benchmarks, best practices and business excellence. We know you will find valuable knowledge and we always welcome your feedback, so if you have time, please email any comments about our services to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are currently not a member of the BPIR, or wish to upgrade your membership then please review our membership offerings at JOIN NOW. you won’t be disappointed.
"To know the road ahead, ask those coming back" – Chinese Proverb Note: this newsletter has been sent to you because you have subscribed to it or to the BPIR.com or one of its partner resources or we believe you wish to be on the list for other reasons. Should you wish to unsubscribe please click here or email email@example.com.