|BPIR Newsletter: October 2015 |
| || || |
Welcome to October’s edition of the BPIR Newsletter. sharing with you best practices, improvement tools, and events.
| || |
Best Practice Events
- Benchmarking for Excellence, Manila – Philippines, Nov 1 – 3, Dubai, Jan 19 – 21.
- AOQ Cafe Quality, Canberra – Australia, 29 Oct., Organiser: Australian Organisation for Quality (AOQ)
- EFQM Assessor, Dubai – UAE, 3 – 5 Nov., Organiser: Dubai Quality Group (DQG)
- Business Excellence (BE) Briefing, Singapore, 5 Nov., Organiser: SPRING Singapore
- 21st APQO Int. Conference 2015, Shanghai – China, 9 – 11 Nov., Organiser: Shanghai Association for Quality and APQO
- Canadian Public Sector Excellence Fair 2015, Ottawa – Canada, 17 Nov., Organiser: Excellence Canada.
- Foundation course in Business Excellence, Auckland – New Zealand, 20 Nov., Organiser: New Zealand Business Excellence Foundation (NZBEF)
- The Humane Workplace, Auckland – New Zealand, 21 Nov., Organiser: IMCNZ.
| || |
- Paper on Baldrige Framework as World’s Standard for Organizational Excellence Honored….read more
- Benchmarking For Education Systems: A Global Study….read more
- Quality-Cost Connect….read more
- 10 Tips on Getting the Most out of Business Meetings….read more
- Inspiration in India Through a Focus on Performance Excellence….read more
- COER News – Benchmarking and Business Excellence, September-2015….read more
- Quality Equals Trust….read more
- Why People Management Is Replacing Talent Management: Part-1 ….read more
- Why People Management Is Replacing Talent Management: Part-2 ….read more
- Journal of Inspiration Economy (JIE): Volume Two….read more
| || |
4th International Best Practice Competition – Last Call for Entries
This International Best Practice Competition serves as a unique opportunity to share and learn best practices from around the globe. To date we have received over 40 entries from India, Iran, France, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Sri-Lanka, United States, and United Arab Emirates..
Have a think about what systems, processes and practices your organization does well and submit an entry by 26 October 2015 to participate in the 3rd and last call for entries. If successful you will be asked to share your best practice in an 8 minute presentation on the 26/27th November 2015, Tagatay, Philippines.
In addition, to the competition the International Conference on Productivity and Innovation will be held, the APO’s Centre of Excellence for Public Sector Productivity will be announced, and the first participants in the Philippine Government’s Excellence Class Programme will be recognized. The number of delegates is expected to be between 300 to 500.
If you have not been to the Philippines before this is your chance for a once in a life-time experience to enjoy the warmth of Filipino hospitality. Watch It’s More Fun in the Philippines video to get an insight into this wonderful country. Download a promotional flyer.
| || |
4th Global Benchmarking Award – 2nd call for entries
The Global Benchmarking Network (GBN) launched the Global Benchmarking Award in 2012 to recognise those organisations that had integrated benchmarking into their organisation’s strategy and processes in order to continuously learn and innovate.
The winners have been Watson Real Estate (New Zealand) in 2012, Knowledge and Human Development Authority (United Arab Emirates) in 2013 and OCBC Bank (Singapore) in 2014. For videos on these award winning organisations click here..
The 4th Global Benchmarking Award will be held at the 9th International Benchmarking Conference, 17th December 2015, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
The closing date for entries is the 26th of October 2015, for more information about the award visit the official award website.
| || |
BPIR Tip of the Month – Best Practice Case Studies
Direct access to over 4700 case studies from high-performing organisations across the world – more than 30 different countries represented.
Why risk precious time and resources when using a tool or technique for the first time? Leverage the experience of other organisations that have spent time and resources perfecting their practices and technique highly effective. Find out who should lead and manage a tool’s implementation, how to train others to use it, where to use it first, and how best to obtain buy-in. Experts agree that benchmarking other organisations’ successful practices is the fastest way to deliver significant performance improvements.
Click here to see a video clip on how to do it.
| || |
BPIR provides full access to over 170 excellent business publications providing, in total, over 1,000,000 articles and reports. The cost of subscribing to any of these would cover your BPIR membership while allowing you to read, search, and print from 790 top publications! Here are a few of the titles from the “Accounting” category (one of 23 categories):
– Tax Executive
– The Tax Adviser
– The CPA Journal
– Strategic Finance
– Accountancy SA
– CPA Client Bulletin
| || |
Lean Thinking Exported to Other Organisations
Six years after implementing lean thinking St Andrews culture had changed and people were using lean tools automatically. The following significant gains were reported:
– Estate personnel could check work requests from any University computer rather than travelling back to base.
– Student status letters that used to take up to ten days to be issued were provided immediately.
– University library books were re-shelved within four hours of being returned instead of up to 210 hours
– Job vacancies were advertised within two weeks of notification saving of £150,000 annually.
– Research leave applications were refined removing the need for a senior committee to meet three times a year and produce over 6,000 sheets of paper.
The St Andrews lean team was so successful that it began to export its expertise to other organisations.
Regularly check out the bpir.com for benchmarks, best practices and business excellence. We know you will find valuable knowledge and we always welcome your feedback, so if you have time, please email any comments about our services to email@example.com.
If you are currently not a member of the BPIR, or wish to upgrade your membership then please review our membership offerings at JOIN NOW. you won’t be disappointed.
BPIR.com Ltd Business Performance Improvement Resource (BPIR)
Centre for Organisational Excellence Research (COER)
“To know the road ahead, ask those coming back” – Chinese Proverb Note: this newsletter has been sent to you because you have subscribed to it or to the BPIR.com or one of its partner resources or we believe you wish to be on the list for other reasons. Should you wish to unsubscribe please click here or email firstname.lastname@example.org.