In the annual conference of IPD Compensation, the head of compensation and benefits at Glaxo-Wellcome reported that the company was moving towards a reward system that, while taking market rates into account, pays people according to their level of competence. The firm also claimed to be aiming to introduce a system where about 85% of pay is fixed; leaving 15% for a bonus based on output. The conference also saw the launch of IPD research into team-based pay, a practice that is predicted to beco...

BPIR Categories

9.5.4 Develop & manage base & variable compensation
9.5.2 Manage team performance
9.5.1 Develop performance management approach

Unlock this article and 10,000+ more

To get the most out of our extensive resources, please login or become a member below.