As part of its implementation of a Lean Manufacturing process, Global Vacuum Forming Limited kicked off with a Big Picture Map, and tracked their entire process from receipt of an order to delivery of the goods, noting down all the waiting time, internal and external, all the movements of materials, WIP and people. When the figures were calculated, it was found that from receipt of order to delivery being 100%, just 2% of that time was spent making the goods! The other 98% was wasted waiting fo...

BPIR Categories

5.1.1 Plan key production & delivery processes
2.3.1 Identify, plan & map key processes
14.3.2 Implement an improvement approach/method/technique

Unlock this article and 10,000+ more

To get the most out of our extensive resources, please login or become a member below.

OR
X
X