At American Airlines' SABRE division, data collected from its frequent fliers was used to predict temporal ticket purchase patterns and selectively discount seats on a given flight. When a competitor initiated an advanced purchase-required, across-the-board price cut on a flight, the company was in a position to decide to match, for example, on only 70% of its seats, knowing that the remaining 30% will be purchased (at the last minute) by price-insensitive business customers....

BPIR Categories

1.2.5 Predict customer purchasing behaviour

Unlock this article and 10,000+ more

To get the most out of our extensive resources, please login or become a member below.

OR
X
X