The New Zealand Business Excellence Foundation’s Business Excellence Conference brought together stimulating keynote presentations and a plethora of best practices from New Zealand and around the world. In this cycle of the International Best Practice Competition there were 68 best practices from 9 countries that were presented and assessed in 9 qualifying webinar sessions with 12 presented at the final on the 11 May 2021 as part of the conference. One of these best practices was the winner of the 2nd New Zealand Best Practice Competition that was held on the 10th May 2021. In addition, the 3rd Organisation-Wide Innovation Award was held on the evening of the 11th May. Overall, there were 26 judges involved in assessing the best practices with at least four judges involved in assessing each best practice.
Winners and runner ups of the various competitions are shown below. Whilst these were the winners there were inspiring best practices shared from all participants. All presentations will be available on the BPIR.com soon.
Winners of the 7th International Best Practice Competition
- Dubai Municipality, UAE -The Way Beyond Traditional Procurement.
- SEHA-Ambulatory Healthcare Services, UAE – AHS COVID-19 National Drive Thru Screening Centers.
- Dubai Air Navigation Services, UAE – Dubai RECAT-Enhanced Wake Turbulence Separation (eWTS) Minima within the Dubai CT.
- Titan Company Limited, India – Perfect Bond – An Innovative Locking Method for Rubber Moulds used in Lost Wax Casting of Gold Jewellery.
- Dubai Police, UAE – Safe Bags – Accuracy and Efficiency of Airport Hold Baggage Screening (HBS) System.
Winner of the 3rd Organisation-Wide Innovation Award
- Dubai Municipality, UAE
- Dubai Aviation Engineering Projects, UAE
- Dubai Public Prosecution, UAE
Winner of the 2nd New Zealand Best Practice Competition
- New Zealand Blood Service – Introduction of a Mobile Practice – Portable Plasma Collection
|The New Zealand Blood Service|
- Babcock New Zealand Limited and New Defence Force Logistics Command (Maritime) – Collaborative partnership.
|Babcock New Zealand Limited and New Defence Force Logistics Command (Maritime)|
- Economic Development New Zealand – Capability building across the economic development profession.
|Economic Development New Zealand|
For information on the New Zealand Business Excellence Foundation and becoming a member visit https://nzbef.org.nz/ and for information on the International Best Practice Competition visit https://www.bestpracticecompetition.com.