We are pleased to introduce our newly (re)designed TRADE Best Practice Benchmarking Training credentials. Designed to recognize and celebrate the incredible achievements of its recipients, these verified badges and certificates signify benchmarking competency development and serve as a testament to the recipient’s commitment to professional growth. Over the past decade, thousands of professionals all over the world have received formal training in the TRADE Benchmarking Methodology. The TRADE Methodology (see Figure 1) and its associated certification system provide a systematic and powerful approach to learn from other organisations, unlock the creativity of staff, and implement best practices, leading to long-term cultural change and leading-edge processes, practices and performance.
TRADE consists of five stages:
The Centre for Organisational Excellence Research (COER), New Zealand offers Certification Courses in TRADE Best Practice Benchmarking. This certification scheme was the first to be offered in benchmarking and is recognized by the Global Benchmarking Network (GBN).
TRADE Training Credentials:
Tiered Levels of Certification: Training members complete various TRADE training modules and reach new milestones with three levels: Bronze, Silver, and Gold (see Figures 2 and 3). Individuals trained in TRADE can advance from benchmarking “Trained” to “Proficiency” to “Mastery”.
Figure 2: TRADE Training Badges – Bronze, Silver, and Gold
- BRONZE: The status of Trained is given based on an individual attending an approved training course by a certified TRADE training instructor.
- SILVER: The status of Proficiency is granted based on the submission of a completed benchmarking project which needs to meet a minimum 3-Star ★ ★ ★ standard; projects assessed as 5 to 7 Stars receive a Commendation.
- GOLD: The status of Mastery is conferred based on the submission of two completed benchmarking projects, one of which needs to be graded at a “Commendation” level (a minimum 5-Star level ★ ★ ★ ★ ★). Individuals who reach Mastery have the skills and experience necessary to facilitate or lead benchmarking projects in such a way that they are likely to lead to significant operational and financial gains.
Key Features of the TRADE Training Credentials:
Customised Badges: The new TRADE Training Badges allow the recipient’s name to be displayed on the verified badges and certificates.
Digital Versions: Once earned, you can prominently display your e-badges and e-certificates on your profile, on professional networking platforms such as LinkedIn, and other social media platforms, while the certificates can be printed and displayed in offices or workplaces adding an extra layer of recognition to your achievements.
Interactive Elements: The TRADE certificates will feature QR codes that, when scanned, provide a direct link to a personalized online profile showcasing the achievements and skills of the certificate holder. This interactive feature enhances the sharing and networking opportunities associated with the certificates.
How to Earn the TRADE Certification
Apart from our public courses, we offer:
- In-house (In-person) Training for a maximum of 20 participants or five teams.
- Virtual Training (Online) for small classes (five to twelve people) so that we can provide individual assistance and include practical workshop exercises.
We believe that recognizing and celebrating achievements is crucial to fostering a positive and motivated team culture. The introduction of these new TRADE training credentials is a significant step in that direction, and we look forward to conducting professionally enriching benchmarking training experiences for you.
Please visit TRADE Benchmarking Training for more information.
Receive Our Newsletter
Keep informed on best practice research and business improvement events from around
the globe - be the first to read our Best Practice Reports