Veronica Marsden  president of Canadian organisation “Tri Fit” suggests the following 10 simple ways for keeping fit at work:
- Take five-minute stretch breaks.
- Organise a walking club.
- Park your car at the far end of the parking lot, or at a distance from work.
- Cycle to work.
- Get off the bus or subway one stop earlier.
- Deliver a message on foot instead of by email.
- Organize a lunchtime exercise class.
- Hold meetings outside and walk while you talk.
- Use washroom facilities furthest away from your workstation.
- Set an alarm to remind you to get up and move around every hour.
 R10857 Marsden, V., (2010), Taking fitness and nutrition beyond 'flavour of the month', Canadian HR Reporter, Vol 23, Iss 11, p 17, Carswell Publishing, Scarborough
Members may read the full article here .
Receive Our Newsletter
Keep informed on best practice research and business improvement events from around
the globe - be the first to read our Best Practice Reports